Jolly Roger H3
- E-mail: Send out the directions for the next hash to the JRH3
Yahoo Groups and any other e-mails you want it to go to.
- Supplies: Ensure you have the equivalent of about 5 cases of mostly
Bud Light (or equivalent) and Yuengling (or equivalent),
or 1 keg (1/2 barrel) & two cases of beer along with about 4 differnt
kings of snacks, about 48 bottles of
water and enough ice to keep stuff cold. A very small amount of soda
and juice can be purchased as well, but mostly just beer and water.
Reimbursement for shots or specialty drinks like champagne, bloody mary's,
mimosas, etc are not authorized without increasing the cost of the hash in
advance. Keep receipts as a record of your expenses.
Turn all receipts into the Hash Cash person after the hash along with any
proceeds and remaining supplies. The
Hash Cash person will reimburse you out of the proceeds collected from that
hash. Get an IOU from the Hash Cash person if enough funds were not
collected and you will be reimbursed from hash cash reserves or after a
future hash with higher proceeds if there is no reserves.
- Forms: Go to the internet and print off the JRH3 forms you will need for the upcoming hash.
- Clip Boards: On 4 separate clip boards arrange the above info on them
as follows and make sure you have at least 3 pens available;
- Put the first page of the Receding Hareline on the plastic see-thru clip board
facing down on the clip board. Put the 2 RA checks (one for the circle
at the start and the other for the circle at the end) into a plastic
sleeve, back to back and them place them on the same plastic clip board
with the circle at the start checklist facing up.
- On one of the other clip boards put a blank attendance roster.
- Put a Virgin Information Form on another clip board.
- Put at least one Naming questionnaire on
- Bank: Obtain a bank of 50 single dollar bills and put them into some kind of pouch, or envelope.
- Notify the Tampa HAZMAT Team of Trail: Sgt Jarret Seal's Office:
813-927-6285, Mobile Ph: 813-276-3743, Email:
For more contact info, go to
- Sign in Procedures;
- Put down the attendees that you recognize, on the
attendance roster. For Virgins, Justs and Visitores,
make sure you put down the first name and at least the first initial of
Otherwise, if they
have a common name like "Mike" there may be more than one and
on the master multiples list and we won't
know which one to credit for the trail.
- Greet those you don't recognize and have them fill our the Virgin Roster
(locals only). We don't need the info from out-of-towners. The On Sec should
help you with this.
- Put down how much each person paid only after they pay you using the
following Hash Cash Formula: $4 for bottled water + snacks, $7 for beer
drinkers + snacks, $10 for hard cider & hardseltzer water +
snacks, payable by cash, check, money order, Venmo at https://venmo.com/RICHARD-GEERS,
Zelle, or Cash App, to email@example.com,
ph/text # 813-943-4855. The suggested hash cash amout may be more if the hares get preauthorization for reimbursement for
something they provide, or if there is a gimmie for a special event. Put the
money into the pouch, or envelope and provide change, as necessary. Mark
down how much each person paid on the form and for what (trail and/or on
after) and then put down the total they paid. If they paid via Venmo,
Zelle or Cash App, put a note next to the amount so the GM will know to
look for it in the hash cash bank account.
- "Local" Virgins & JRH3 1st Timers: Have the OnSec obtain
email, ph & B-day on other form from "local" virgins and "local Justs"
if we don't already have it using the "Virgin Form" at
http://www.jollyrogerh3.com/Virgin%20Form.htm. This info is used by
the GM in between hashes in emails and other promotional means that keep
the hash alive. Without this info the hash will dwindle.
- Circle, or highlight the names on the RA's checklist for
"multiples", 5's get whistles, 10, 25, 50, 69, 100, 125 and every 25
thereafter, get bandannas that can be rolled up to make headbands.
- Check the RA's checklist to see if there is anyone in attendance
that is up for a naming (usually 5 runs or more). If so, give them a
naming questionnaire to fill out. Make sure you get it back before
everyone is circled up. The Naming Meister should actually do this, but
as the Acting GM, it is ultimately your responsibility to make sure it
gets done. Do this only if there is going to be enough time like on
Saturdays or low attended weeknight trails.
- Pre-circle up, at start, procedures;
- If the RA, or one of their alternates are not present either ask for a volunteer or
run the circle yourself. If nobody volunteers it is your responsibility to
run the circle.
- Ensure the Toast Meister has a hare toast prepared. If not,
the Religious Advisor (RA) automatically assumes this responsibility.
He/she can use the standard toast if he/she draws a blank. The standard
toast is "Bless these hare, bless this trail, coppus no catch us, doggus
no bite us. In the name of the flour, the fun and the holy run. On out"
if for a live hare trail, or "Which way is on out?" if for a
pre-laid/dead hare trail.
- Look at the RA's checklist to find out who the most recent FRB was, that
is in attendance (if none of them are in attendance, pick one of the regular FRBs) and write their name on the "Previous FRB line of the "RAs
checklist". Make sure you have an FRB award (chain,
or something of weight) available for presentation.
If there are no weights available, just be prepared to give them anything to
carry, i.e., can of beer, etc. This is actually the OnSec's responstibility,
but if there is not one available this becomes one of the RAs
responsibility and ultimately the Acting GM to make sure it gets done.
- Talk to the hare to see if he/she has someone designated to drive
the beer truck to the beer stop/end. If not, ask around for a
volunteer to do so. Then, give the one fo the hares a cooler full of beer
marked "For Hares" to preposition at the beer stop ir the end. Its too late once the circle starts and the hares go off
setting trail. This must be done before the circle starts. This is the hares
responsibility, but the Acting GM, it is ultimately your
responsibility to make sure it gets done.
- Make sure someone is available to take pictures and tell them to get
ready. The Hash Flash and/or his/her alternates are actually responsible for
this, but if they are not present the Acting GM, it is ultimately
your responsibility to make sure it gets done.
- Determine whether this will be a live, semi-live, or dead hare trail. If
live, or semi-live hare trail have the hares conduct a chalk talk up front
at itmes 3 & 4 on the RAs checklist and skip items 11 & 12 at the bottom
of the form.If its a dead
hare trail, advise the RA to have the hares do the chalk talk near the end
of the circle at the start at item 11 & 12 and skip hash
aerobics, item 13.
- Circle At The Start: Have the RA accomplish the JRH3 Circle At
The Start checklist as indicated above
- Pre-circle up, at the end:
- Look at the RA's checklist to see if anyone is supposed to get a whistle (for accomplishing their
5th JRH3 trail) and/or a head band/bandana on the RA's checklist (10, 25, 50, 69, 100 and
every 25 runs thereafter). Get
the required number of whistles and headbands out and give them to different
people to present to the attendees who earned them.. This is actually the OnSec's responsibility and then the RAs, however the
Acting GM, it is ultimately
your responsibility to make sure it gets done.
- Ensure there is a brainless award available. If not, be prepared to
use something up
as a substitute. This is actually the OnSec's responsibility and then the
RAs, however the Acting GM, it is ultimately your responsibility to make sure it gets
- If possible, draw a circle large enough so that everyone will be one
deep on the outside of it (if your circle is too small and not everyone can
see, side conversations are likely to develop and the RA may loose control of
the circle). Use chalk or flower to mark the circle.
- Identify someone to act as the beer angel to pour beer for down downs.
Otherwise, the circle may stall out while waiting for people to charge
their vessels. If any Beer Angels are present, ask them if they are prepared
to do this.
- Circle Up, at the end: Advise the RA to blow his/her whistle and yell circle up for down
downs and either feed him/her the info off of RA's checklist, as required, or just give him/her the
RA's checklist to read for him/herself.
- After Circle: Retrieve brainless award, FRB award and FBI award.
- Post Hash Procedures: Send a list of everyone who showed up during
the hash and the on after to firstname.lastname@example.org. If possible
the GM may have their computer with them and he/she will be able to update the forms for the next hash. If not, be prepared to
manually update the forms yourself (see below for instructions)
- Multiples Form: Only needed if the GM will be missing 2 or
more hashes in a row.
- Add an additional column to the form and label it with the run number
and date on top.
- Put the appropriate symbol next to each attendees name for that run in
this column, i.e., X for attendee, A for appearance (did not do
trail), B for Brainless Award, F for FRB, R for RA, S for OnSec, $ for
Hash Cash, etc. See Multiples Form for the
complete list of currently used symbols.
- Increase each attendees run number by 1, and # times hared by
one, as applicable, but not for those who just made an appearance or
who were observers and did not do trail.
- Add new rows, as needed for attendees not on the most recent Multiples
Form. Transfer data from previous forms, if the attendee has not attended
recently, as applicable.
- Add total number of attendees and put total at the bottom of the new
column you created.
- RA's Checklist:
- Put down the newest FRB at item #10 on Circle At The Start
- Update the Multiple box at item #8 on Circle At The End
Checklist according to the Multiple Chart you just
- Put down who the most current Brainless Award winner was at item
#11 on the Circle At The End Checklist.
- Put down anybody who is up for a naming (5 runs or more) on their next
run at item #14 (Naming Candidates). Update the run numbers for anyone
who was already on the list from before. The number should be how
many runs they will be on the next time they attend.
- Sign In Roster: Update with the next Sign In Roster with the
date of the trail, the run number and the hare(s), name(s).
- Virgin Form: Ensure JRH3 1st timer data is added to the JRH3
Privat Email List and invite them to join the Jolly Roger H3 Groups on Yahoo.
- Hare Blessing: Get a copy of the hare blessing from the
Blessing Meister or RA, as applicable and give to the GM.
- Hash Cash:
- Count how much money you took in and for what.
- Pay whoever spend the money for supplies (beer, ice, etc) and
get the receipts when available and ad up how much money you paid
- Subtract the expenditures from money you brought in.
- Attach all receipts to the sign in roster.
- Give any proceeds to the GM along with all the forms you
- Turn in any non-used supplies to the GM.
- Good Luck!
This checklist is constantly under revision. If you have any recommendations
please don't hesitate to offer them. Thanks!